Summer Camp Recommendation
You want to be in SYS?
If you are a middle school or high school string player, consider : String Fling
1. Solo excerpt (unaccompanied) or technical etude of applicant’s choice
2. Requested major scales through five flats and four sharps (FROM MEMORY)
3. Sight-reading of the judge’s choice
QUALIFICATIONS FOR MEMBERSHIP:
1. Student must be a member of their school music organization, where one is available, and display cooperation in that group.
2. Student must have approval of the school music director.
3. Members must be studying their orchestral instrument privately.
4. Members must be present for all rehearsals, concerts and other activities unless excused, in advance, by the music director. Three unexcused absences will result in dismissal and an alternate player will replace the member.
5. Springfield-Public-School-District residents participate for free. Non-Springfield-Public-School-District residents pay a $125 fee.
The Springfield Youth Symphony rehearses at Glendale High School on each Monday evening (6:30-9:00PM) during the school year beginning in September.
EXPECTATIONS: If accepted for membership, you and your parents will be expected to agree to the commitment of considerable time and this fact should be carefully considered. Springfield Youth Symphony members hold highexpectations of each other, and the group is expected by the community, to produce at a high level of proficiency.
Music Contest Selection list from Missouri State High School Activities Association (MSHSAA ):
If you are picking a performance piece for music festival, it must be something from this: